From England with determination Part 2


It was raining heavily, was this a bad omen or was it there just to cool me down. I walked to the reception and asked for a taxi, my hands trying to explain what a taxi was. Luckily for me the receptionist spoke excellent English, Well what was i to know this was France.

I waited with just my holdall in the lobby reeling through what lay ahead.

Ten minutes seemed like an eternity, was everyone looking at me, did they know what I was doing, Surely I looked nervous. The taxi pulled up, I walked slowly out the cool rain refreshing on my face. It was only then i started to smile.

To my delight the driver was a lady very charming as she spoke French on my entering the car. I quickly refered to myself as English in the manner of Im sorry I do not understand you, She smiled lightly and re-frased herself in broken english, and asked me where I was going.....
But before I start my story here is a little background into the French Foreign Legion......